Microsoft just released a new “Anniversary” update (v1607). Citrix strongly advises not to apply the Anniversary Update (v1607) on existing Windows 10 machines with Citrix VDA for Windows Desktop OS or Citrix Receiver installed.
Unfortunately this update impact following products:
- Citrix Virtual Delivery Agent (VDA) for Windows Desktop OS 7.x
- Citrix Receiver for Windows 4.4.1000
Known issues listed below may be experienced when a Citrix VDA for Windows Desktop OS or Citrix Receiver running on Windows 10 (RTM or v1511) is updated to Windows 10 Anniversary Update (v1607).
- Issue 1: Users are unable to access mapped drives
- Issue 2: Pass-Through Authentication fails
- Issue 3: Rollback of latest Windows 10 updates
Workarounds as per Citrix recommendation:
- Workaround Issue 1
Create new regkey called PICAClientNetwork under HKLM/SYSTEM/CurrentControlSet/Services
Add some entries on new regkey as follows:
- Right-click NetworkProvider > New > String Value, enter Name and set Value data PICAClientNetwork.
- Right-click NetworkProvider > New > Expandable String Value, enter ProviderPath and set Value data %CommonProgramFiles%\Citrix\System32\PicaProvider.dll.
- Right-click NetworkProvider > New > String Value, enter DeviceName and set Value data \Device\PicaDriveRedirector.
- Right-click NetworkProvider > New > DWORD 32 bit, enter Class and set Value data 1
- Workaround Issue 2
Reinstall Citrix Receiver with SSON enabled
- Workaround Issue 3
Reinstall VDA or Uninstall VDA before applying “Anniversary” update